View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 10:37 AM   #5
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
The first that comes to mind is SPK. Jesus, they were incredible! The first three eps and "Information Overload Unit" are some of the best dada freeform electronics noise ever created, and with beats to boot! People called them industrial or post punk because there really wasn't any better term to describe them with. But SPK were the original in the lineage of bands that includes Runzilstern and Gurgelstock, Nautical Almanac, Rubber O Cement, Crank Sturgeon, and others. But damn, they then became a motherfuckind disco band? Not even a decent disco band with a couple catchy hits, but just iredeemable trash. Aklnos tarnishshes the SPK name.

I find the early industrial work kind of boring in hindsight. I still have
Zamia Lehmanni: Songs of Byzantine FlowersLP 1986 which has amore Cocteau Twins favor and is closer to his contemporary work as Graeme now does studio film soundtracks. I go to see action movies and then get surprised to see Graeme listed. I don't see SPK in the same lineage as you do, they were on Industrial records which puts them in the TG/Cab Voltaire world. They were a late 70's band! Those other bands are followers, 3rd generation.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|