View Single Post
Old 01.29.2021, 08:28 PM   #62
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I honestly do not disagree, nothing they've done is better than the one album from 25 years ago (then again, few albums are).

The problem Weezer would have - especially that other bands don't - is that there's very little artistic progression, so you can listen to their white album and spend the whole time thinking 'why aren't I listening to the blue album'?

The problem Weezer has is that they know they suck and are just a residual fart ghost of what they were for a VERY brief time, but they’re for some reason 100% OK with that and they’ve leaned into it so much that they’ve convinced a decent chunk of their newer fanbase that it’s OK, which it is not.

They are the least value-added band in the world at this point. If I were a risk analyst for music, I would recommend Weezer be terminated expeditiously and retroactively dating back to 1997.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|