View Single Post
Old 05.25.2017, 08:34 PM   #116
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Ten more:

Toby Keith - The List *
Sade - Smooth Operator
Grateful Dead - US Blues
Ray Peterson - Oklahoma City Times **
The Carpenters - Love Is Surrender (well, the lyrics at least--music and singing suck)
Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
Tom T. Hall - What Have You Got To Lose ("try women and booze and the cigarette blues/what have you got to lose")
YG featuring Nipsey Hussle - Fuck Donald Trump
Lionel Richie - All Night Long
Billy Joel - Allentown

* I really hate admitting this. Still, the song would be a lot better if someone with real talent sang it.

**1970 song that Peterson wrote after his teen idol says were over. I saw him lip synch it on a television show that I have a crude cassette recording of. It is very different from and better than his maudlin ballads. The only other people who have heard of it are probably middle aged women who heard Bobby Sherman's version which I haven't heard but is likely inferior to Peterson's original. I'd like to hear other songs Peterson recorded around that time; maybe I can move him off my "people whose songs you generally don't like" list.

Whew, doing not one but two of these lists is a lot like work. I'm not inclined to do a third. I'd rather listen to and seek out good stuff than come up with good tunes by people whose music is usually toxic.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|