View Single Post
Old 01.13.2021, 06:55 AM   #32
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I've adapted the previous post, and as a continuation with 80's reggae-rock: If you haven't heard it a million times yet like me, the first Police album is mighty fine:
Outlandos d'Amour
and it has a funny track about a love relation with a blowup doll named Sally (apologies for the spoiler alert)

One more band from back in the day, but French and totally funny, are Elmer Food Beat. Here's one of my favourite songs: Brigitte. Let's put it mildly, it's one of there more appropriate songs in the current #metoo world

And they still exist, here's again the same song, live in 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xHbjslnFs
30cm was their first album, and still the best

I keep coming up with old music from 80's and 90's. If you're into metal, the lyrics on some Primus songs are hilarious. And heck they've covered the entire Charlie And The Chocolate Factory soundtrack (the first movie with Gene Wilder, not the Depp one)!! I still prefer their first two or three albums, such as this song, one of their most famous ones: Tommy The Cat
But this video is from way before (two years?) the song was actually released

more suggestions for fun rockers: early Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, Ween, The Presidents of the United States of America, Ben Folds Five, Breeders. And the mighty Sebadoh, not always the most happy lyrics perhaps, but their music makes me very happy, especially the Bakesale and Harmacy albums.

Bill Callahan wrote some very funny lyrics, his music is not always uplifting though. Here's two songs: A Hit, Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Hey, has noone mentioned the Beastie Boys yet ???? Jeez!
Beck used to be fun too, the Odelay album. Have lost track of what he did the last 20 years

Will I get banned if I mention Madonna's Ray Of Light album (or just that song)? then please ignore what I said

Metal Molly was a Belgian band, they made I believe two albums which are very fun to sing along with. They sound a bit like dEUS, but more happy. Fuck me, love this album, and haven't heard it in ages!!!
yes, I keep updating and updating and now I can't stop

Speaking of dEUS, some of their songs are uplifting but most of them probably not. But that I didn't think of him earlier. Their first guitarist was Rudy Trouvé, and the guy is hilarious, especially live, amazing dry humour, similar to Lou Barlow. He plays solo, but I can't find the funny song just now. He's also in many different bands, this is his last one Dino and The Chicks

or how about some Jackson 5?

Last for now: watching failed auditions on Idols and X-factor is always fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
here's the correct link for
Katerine - Juifs Arabes
suggested by _tunic_. Loved it.

sorry and thanks, I corrected it in my original post.
If you want more, most of his albums are well worth the effort (I must admit that I haven't checked out his last albums though). But these songs are from his 2010 self-titled album

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
_tunic_ that Mambo miam miam reminded me of this little gem from 1959
Bruno Martino - Dracula Cha Cha Cha

hahaha, very cool!

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|