View Single Post
Old 07.31.2007, 02:01 AM   #12
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
I actually thought the Hot Snakes were much more into it than Jehu, or even Pitchfork for that matter (btw, i've always preferred pitchfork over jehu).

To add: Hot Snakes started with Gar Wood (ex-Fishwife/Tanner/beehive + the Barracudas), who IMO is a better guitarist than Reis, on bass and the old Delta 72 drummer, who went on to join Burning Brides.

Hot Snakes blew away both Jehu and RFTC live hands down without question, largely in part of Gar's presence. Every time I saw Jehu, it was all too serious and they just didn't all look like they were into it except rick & john and at times not even rick was into it. infact, the reason why jehu broke up was because of lack of desire to play/tour (and the fact that trombino was always producing and busy and it took forever to write songs).

with hot snakes, they all looked like they were into it, they toured and played their asses off, which tells me they were much more into it than jehu ever was.

anybody who says they didn't have their hearts into it doesn't know shit about jehu or hot snakes.

As far as what they're doing, John will always have bands, i think he still has The Sultans still going on, he runs his own record label (Swami's) and even has his own radio show on 91X in sd. Rick probably will retire, Gar will still go on with Beehive and probably something else, Mario (ex-clikatat ikatowi/411/blackheart procession/mannekin piss) is doing EARTHLESS(i think?) and briefly joined PINBACK, although I just saw Pinback last saturday and he was not drumming for them.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|