View Single Post
Old 05.10.2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Why do people rip on Pitchfork so much? There are like thousands of websites, blogs, message boards, etc that talk about more underground music that's totally under the radar. It's not tough to find. Generally, I happen upon it without really trying. And I learn about great music that I wouldn't have found on Pitchfork.

Pitchfork is a website that caters to the popular indie rock scene. Many people here do not like said scene. Why bother to get so frustrated with it?

I understand that it often reeks of pretention and there is an element of being "cooler" than mainstream rock that could piss off people. There's, of course, a deeper underground that's far more interesting and has more substance. But, shit, the most surface level of underground is never going to go away.

I read Pitchfork. I'm excited about anything new that the Jicks put out because I like their albums and I like seeing them in concert. Their music makes me happy, and I like being happy. The fact that Beck has a hand in it makes me about 1/10th more excited for the release. I'm happy that a website I look at with a passing interest informed me of this so I can maybe listen to the album and wonder what Beck added to it. I'm not a bad person. If anyone on this website were to recommend an album to me that I might like as a Jicks fan (that I might not have heard of as a "Pitchfork Reader"), I'd probably download it--then buy it if I really liked it.

I say this with the utmost respect Atsonicpark (I've been reading your posts and this board for years and years)--you need to lay off the holier than thou shit. You spin things to make yourself out to be so much better than 95% of the world. Things are not that simple. Nothing is ever as simple as you try to spin it. Rather than tell me that I'm full of shit; try maybe saying, "You know, if you like the Jicks, you might really like..."

Then you won't be such an ass anymore--you'll be helpful.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|