Thread: guns guns guns
View Single Post
Old 05.19.2018, 05:01 PM   #101
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
My thoughts and opinions are my own!

I’ve made ZERO assumptions about anything you’ve said in this thread.

well, you replied to my post with a long rant about gun banning, so it looked like it was a reply to me. i’ve never asked for gun bans.

but okay maybe a misunderstanding

i am for “a well regulated militia” though, and while now we have the national guard i still think we need rational regulation of a fundamental right. can’t be a free for all.

Quote:
You think it’s bad now, you should have grown up in Texas during the 70’s and 80’s......GUNS were everywhere! A shoebox or laying it on high, like on top of a bookshelf were the go-to preventive measures of my day.

i didn’t, but that’s the kind of thing that needs to end. the casual approach.

back in the day people used to drive drunk a lot too, and without seatbelts. that was never a good thing in the first place.

Quote:
Sad but true, Jason and his younger brother found and were messing with a handgun their single mom had in the apartment. The younger brother accidentally shot Jason, paralyzing him from the waist down. When Jason finally returned to Jr. High, I had the privilege of picking him up out of his wheelchair and carrying him upstairs daily (only dropped him once) because our Jr. High didn’t have an elivator......talk about a deterrent from playing with guns.

well that wasn’t a deterrent. that was a consequence of not doing the right thing. i don’t know who jason is but this is the sort of shit that needs to stop to so casually happen. right?

because it’s not just school shootings. it’s also a lot of accidental deaths and crimes committed with stolen guns.

let’s deter gun theft for starters. enough with having guns casually laying around the house.

Quote:
Regarding your question, I am uncertain of the laws pertaining to GUNS in personal domiciles?

i don’t know either but here’s were we need to start talking about standards of safekeeping and what constitutes negligence on the owner’s part. ETA: see the end of this post for laws about that.

switzerland has different laws and since everyone is in the army (‘well regulated militia’) people keep actual military weapons at home. locked in a safe.

anybody who has weapons should be required to have a safe. count the safe as part of the weapon. enough of this loose and random shit. and drunk driving.

Quote:
I firmly believe in and practice responsibility! My wife and I have raised our kids to do the same. I locked up my bicycle when riding it to my school or the mall, but I didn’t lock it up when I parked it in my garage or at my best friends house.
I was never worried about my family or his family members stealing my bike......but times change!

times change indeed and just because you practice responsibility it doesn’t mean that everybody else does or does it by the same standards.

this is where sensible regulations come in. just like mandatory seatbelts and insurance for driving. for harm reduction, not for perfection. people are always gonna die, doesn’t mean it needs to be a constant gratuitous carnage like we have now. it’s gotten out of hand.

Quote:
The Santa Fe shooter was 17, an adult in the Stste of Texas.

not really an adult but can be tried like one, right? or is it something else? please explain

btw was just looking at texas law and it says this:

An adult will be held responsible if a minor under the age of 17 gains access to a weapon. It is deemed negligible if the adult did not secure the weapon in an appropriate place and the firearm can be readily used.

this shit needs to be tightened and advertised and prosecuted in draconian fashion. apparently the dad just escaped prosecution cuz the kid is not “under” 17?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|