View Single Post
Old 12.31.2016, 12:42 PM   #9
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
none really. sometimes it's just the sound of the guitars producing some melody or.. uh, noise that my brain is making up than an actual SY tune.

their music isn't immediately catchy. it's more wondering and open ended to get stuck in the head. which would make it more melodic than catchy. melodic yeah maybe in a weird way, catchy no.

it's like this, Beach boys melodic. Beatles catchy. there's a difference I think. right?

Yeah they're definitely different things, melodicism and catchiness. A lot of really catchy songfs aren't particularly melodic. But I think the Beatles were definitely masters of melody. The Beach Boys were masters of harmony, which is in my opinion their defining trait.

Also, they could be catchy as all get-out man!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|