View Single Post
Old 07.28.2007, 08:22 AM   #108
ScreamingSchool
little trouble girl

ScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's assesScreamingSchool kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if everyone's angle here is to bash the starter of this thread, although I also havent read through all six pages. I think the overall vibe here is that to tell music fans to straight up BOYCOTT the White Stripes is a little harsh for something that is a VERY common event in rock and roll: The short set. And as others have said, by today's standards 70 mins is safely outside the parameters of what a short set is. I'd say 45 mins or less. As for the shoe thing, I see it like this: A band is a service employee just like a waiter is. If you treat a waiter like shit, do you think they are going to keep the refills comin' at lighting speed? How about you leave them a shitty tip then come back the next day? Same thing with a show. Somebody throws a shoe at the band then that person has violated the server-servee code. They are now no longer obligated to encore or go that extra mile. I mean, they weren't in the first place, but you know what I mean.
Now I agree, if you are just blowing off some steam after a frustration then of course you'll be speaking in absolutes and be like "Boycott this band" and say that you were ripped off and such, but on a public forum like this you GOTTA expect people to see that as one-sided, and then reply with equally one-sided responses in order to kind of even out the absolute statements you made. I think it was the wording that seemed extreme and was therefore met with extreme responses. But yeah I'm like hardly on this site either but I do enjoy alot of the discourse. I've had some of my posts called 'rubbish' and such but it's no big deal. You know what they say about opinions and assholes.
ScreamingSchool is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|