View Single Post
Old 05.08.2013, 02:01 PM   #3001
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
*sob* I can't bear to think about it. If he does go, you be sure that he'll take Baines and Jagielka with him. Just the idea of having to return to the dark days of the 90's is making me feel sick.

I will say this though-it's a strange choice if they did go for him. Someone who never won a cup in 11 years at Everton, minimal experiance at the Champions League and NO experience with money (fun fact-all the transfers Everton made since the Premier League started still doesn't cover the money Abramovich spent buying out managers at Chelsea) it doesn't really make sense.

Surely Benitez would be a better cover?

Moyes is definitely a risk but, besides being very close to Fergie, I think he fits the owners requirements. He won't rock the boat and will look at things long term, neither of which would be the case with Mourinho. I agree that it really could be disastrous for Everton, though. Besides the likelihood of them losing key players, who will replace Moyes? I bet Martinez will be one of the first in the frame, and I can see O'Neil being mentioned, too. I like Everton so I hope they don't go for either. And (sit down and take a deep breath before reading this next bit) what if, as we expect, Stoke parts company with Pulis this summer?!?!?!? But who instead? I dunno. Maybe look abroad? But Kenwright just doesn't have the money to attract a replacement of Moyes' calibre.

No way would MU go for Rafa. He's probably even less popular there than he is at Chelsea, and with Fergie still sticking around in the back room, there's no way would they work together. Benitez at Everton would be interesting but would an ex Liverpool manager ever be accepted at Goodison? And again, I doubt Kenwright has enough money to tempt him anyway.

You know who he could afford, though, and he's currently 'between jobs' ...

(sorry)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|