View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 11:22 PM   #40
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I think her name is spelled Madeleine L'Engle. Whatever it was, it was weird. I read A Wrinkle In Time and all of the books that were sort of sequels to it, in a way. Same basic characters. Some were way better than the others. A Wrinkle In Time was the best, of course. When I was in grade school I read the whole thing to my youngest brother, who was about four years old. I did the same thing with the Harry Potter books, which I still read obsessively.

Danny, The Champion of the World was, by far, my favorite Roald Dahl book.

The Werewolf of Fever Swamp was the best Goosebumps. I collected that series up until about #80 or so, I think. Haha, I guess I was in the third or fourth grade, and it finally hit me that the series was declining in quality.

It's difficult for me to remember all the books I read as a kid. I read so many. Whenever I would go to my friends' houses, they would always have TVs or computers in their rooms, or a basketball hoop outside, and there was never a shortage of things to do. The only cool thing I had at my house for the longest time was a Super Nintendo. I remember at first being too scared to play it. So I just read books all the time instead.

My absolute favorite book as a very small child was this one that came in a Reader's Digest children's book collection. It was called Rumples and Tumbles Go to the Country. In it, two toy rabbits search all over the countryside for a real live rabbit. On their way, they meet a bunch of different animals, and one of the rabbits always ends up saying, "If that's a rabbit, then I'm the Queen of England!" My favorite part was when they met a cow and it stuck its head through the bushes. I flipped to that page so many times that it fell out. Thankfully, my dad had memorized the entire page verbatim (and it was pretty long), so he wrote it all out on an index card and stuck it in place of the old page.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|