View Single Post
Old 06.16.2015, 12:34 PM   #46
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Shoegaze would never have been able to become as mainstream. Grunge had a more pop accessibility. But yes, i also prefer shoegaze to grunge bands though not Nirvana if anything the direction Nirvana was going on In Utero would have allowed for them tour with shoegaze bands but it was the "grunge scene" bands that kept it going

Part of the appeal of shoegaze for me is its out-of-the-mainstream non-pop sensibility.

I find that my shoegaze albums are much easier to listen to than the grunge stuff. They've endured, have not become dated. I put on a grunge album and instantly think, Oh, yeah, they did that once--meh.

Sonic Youth LPs, most of them, endure, even the ones that flirt with grunge, and I think it's because they come from the same wellspring that shoegaze comes from.