View Single Post
Old 05.07.2014, 03:55 PM   #617
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
some kind of west coast wanna be slightly southern primitive shit.

That might explain why we were all bumpin it here in LA

I'm about to go down some serious 40 drankin on the curb memory lane nostalgia on this No Limit creeps into LA recap:

All over LA everybody was bumping that Ghetto D and it is what motivated Snoop to go No Limit for that brief year, and it was the Snoop-Master P combination that unearthed the brief No Limit radio/MTV invasion of 1999-2000..

In LA everybody was bumping Ghetto D and also Silkk the Shocker who was first introduced to an LA audience on the mix tape West Coast Bad Boyz II which led to The Shocker becoming a definitive LA record. After that folks were bumpin that C-murder Life Or Death record and then TRU "Tru 2 Da Game" (especially that track "I Got Candy")... In fact, Tru 2 Da Game fooled folks all around town who didn't even KNOW them boys were Down South, that shit sounds like some straight up RBL Posse which LA also stole from the Yay Area and made it our own.. The Louisiana-Los Angeles connection got so strong folks were flossing LA-LA medallions with a Dodgers' logo LA and a blinged out LA (for Louisiana) in that typical No Limit medallion style).. That Down South medallion trend spread to LA and then it embedded itself into the Hyphy movement..

All of this is what possessed Snoop to try that No Limit, because in LA, No Limit was perhaps the ONLY non-Westcoast rap we were bumping, but then again, we were always friendly to folks from the Gulf like Houston or New Orleans since Scarface or the DOC..

Quote:
sorry Such!!!

No apologies necessary, its just music, but I'm MOST DEFINITELY not bumping the current south shit which is just an exageration of that 808 nonsense. If you check the records I mentioned above, the snuck into the the westcoast scene because the 808 was limited to sound more like the 1988 Too $hort or some RBL Posse shit, not that 808 to the extreme like Trap and Crunk and all this other bullshit..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|