View Single Post
Old 11.22.2006, 02:12 PM   #30
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
its difficult.
i'd be inclined to go for their more mainstream stuff like 100%, kool thing etc, but then that isn't really (in my eyes) and introduction to sonic youth...

into the groove(y)
becuz
mary christ
schizophrenia
halloween? not sure about that

if i was getting someone into SY i would like to give them an impression of what they're actually like rather than easing them in, you now what i mean? i don't know if it would work though. i did get a friend into SY by making her a mixtape of a bunch of stuff, but she was a) already into some quite weird stuff anyway, and b) i think she would have liked whatever i put on that cd, so its kinda irrelevant.

it definitely depends on the person. i haven't met anyone who i think wouldn't like ANY sonic youth songs, and so whoever it was you could probably tailor 5 songs to their taste and lead them in from there...
lucyrulesok is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|