View Single Post
Old 03.17.2011, 12:05 PM   #3781
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^ Mega Man 8 is probably my favorite Mega Man game (and I've beaten every single one of 'em). STREET FIGHTER 3 is rules -- underrated as hell; the gameplay is topnotch, may be the best pure fighter ever, next to Guilty Gear X. I always play as IBUKI.

You know how you said certain games wouldn't work when oyu burnt them for the DReamcast, Joe? I had this problem too. Until I downloaded IMGBURN (newest version; it's about 700kb) and went here:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...DiscJuggler%29

on page 2, you can download this .dll files. It's about 10kb, seriously. All you have to do from there is unpack the .rar or .zip or whatever in the ImgBurn main folder. So, c:\program files\imgburn or whatever is where you put the .dll files. This will allow you to burn EVERYTHING... every format you've EVER seen Dreamcst games in, from .cdi to .bin/cue to .nrg to .img to.. ANYTHING. There are some DreamCAst games I could never get to burn, such as...

IRIDE: MASTER OF BLOCKS (a BADASS Lumines clone; it's like Lumines with a few extra features.. if a person doesn't own a PSP or have XBOX live or want to spend the $20 for Lumines Fusion on the PS2 -- though, in all reality, it's the best game ever made possibly -- get this game asap), and...

VIRTUAL ON (DreamCast version), and...

CASTLE SHIKIGAMI 2 (I've had this game for years for my ps2, but the release was REALLY watered down and crappy, so I ended up giving it, Raiden III, Gradius III/IV, and Silpheed: Lost Planet away, FOR FREE, to my friend Booe a few months ago, in exchange for something that alters your mind... don't worry, y'all, as far as PS2 shooters go, I still have all the best ones.. Thunderforce VI, Homura, Ibara, R-Type Final, Gradius V, the Taito Legends 2 collection which has G-Darius, Gun Frontier, Darius Gaiden, and RayStorm), Capcom Classics 1/2 (1941, 1942, 1943, Legendary Wings, Section Z, Eco Fighters, Side Arms Hyper Dyne, etc), ESPgaluda, plus I have about 50 PS1 shmups that I play on the PS2... that, combined with the 24 DC shmups (not to mention the discs I have with every NeoGeo/Genesis/SNES/NES/GB and tons of arcade shmups, making it about 120 or more DC shmups) means I probably have about 300 shmups. It's the only genre I really give a fuck about honestly.)

...you'll be able to play these games, and more (I remember you saying you had problems burning BANGAI-O, IKARUGA, and MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2, right?) on your DC now, Joe.

To be honest, after many many months, and after playing tons of DC games (I've been keeping up with all the new releases.. Fast Strikers, Feet of Fury, Rush Ralley Racing, and Wind & Water Battles... all games that have come out in the past year.. don't forget the AMAZING-looking Gunlord and SturmWind coming out this year.. plus, the company who did Iride and Rush Ralley have announced 10 -- TEN!!!!!!! -- more DC games for the next year. Holy fuck!), I think I can make a definitive top 30 DC games list now. Cough.

1. D2
2. Ikaruga
3. Rez
4. Guilty Gear X
5. Capcom vs SNK 2
6. Psyvarius 2
7. Street Fighter III
8. Skies of Arcadia
9. Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
10. Shenmue
11. Marvel vs Capcom 2
12. Record of Lodoss War
13. DarkStalkers Ultimate
14. Under Defeat
15. Jet GRind Radio
16. Last Hope
17. Radio Allergy
18. Napple Tale
19. Grandia II
20. Tokyo Bus Guide
21. Mars Matrix
22. Cannon Spike
23. Space Channel 5 part 2
24. Bomber Heheh
25. Cosmic Smash
26. Fast Strikers
27. Iride: Master of Blocks
28. Border Down
29. Chaos Field
30. Maken X

..I see lots of people wanting a Dreamcast, so I think the above is a good list.

Anyway, besides the games I can finally play thanks to IMGBURN, I have been playing this gem:

Insmouse No Yakata

This game is a first person shooter for the VirtualBoy and is one of maybe 3 games that are actually kinda enjoyable for the system.. Screens in next post..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|