View Single Post
Old 05.29.2006, 09:23 PM   #77
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Yeah, it's definitely there. I did it the hard way by blasting the sound between tracks.

The rumor was that they recorded the album over the Sister master tapes, but I think that's not true. If I recall correctly, whenever you hear a part from Sister, it just happens to be a main riff or lyric, which seems beyond coincidence. Did anyone else notice that? I think they just stuck some parts of Sister between tracks for fun.

Nope---'jet set' dead air definitely corresponds w/ sister playing from start to finish. i don't know to what degree/why/whether the master tape story is true, etc... but the songs match up between all the jet set tunes.

And by the way -- WOW what a GREAT record JET SET is... I listened to it the other day in a state where I could pay attention to it and it's just full of great guitar tones, great vocals, great sounds, great songs. Would elaborate but ... bottom line--one of my favorite SY recordings. would even be a contender for my FAVORITE but for, of course, NO LEE.
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|