View Single Post
Old 02.14.2023, 09:06 AM   #25428
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i haven't seen this, but wouldn't such illuminations into people's characters be one of the important social functions of fiction? the exploration of morality, relationships, etc?

i mean... there are a lot of stupids who think other people love them when they actually don't. abused people have what's called a "fantasy bond". easy to name, but harder to illustrate.

again i'm saying this *not having seen the movie.* and i probably won't, having read your reviews, hahaha. i'm just going by what you say in this bit i'm quoting, about the uses of fiction.

I wouldn't let anyone put you off watching The Banshees of Inisherin. I found it hilarious, yet it also raises interesting existential questions and mocks the absurdity of the Irish civil war.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|