View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 01:37 PM   #15619
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-harmony
My friend's dad passed away today. I don't know what to tell him.

my mom died last year and the day that it happened i was convinced that i didn't want to be around friends, that i just wanted to stay with my family... (grief is so strange, it may be completely different for him and his family) but I had 2 friends come over anyway.. and one of them brought over a bottle of UV Blue (gross. but it was booze.) so me and my sister and my two friends sat on my sisters bed and passed around this little robuttusin shot glass of nastiness for an hour until the whole bottle was done... and we smoked a lot of cigarettes on my lawn and talked about our thoughts on the after life.. and everyone was so drunk that they weren't afraid to be honest in light of the situation. which was awesome.. because after you lose someone so monumental to you theres this wierd social rule that everyone abides about being completely fake, and yet genuine at the same time.. its strange. and annoying. but anyway.. it turned out to be very thereputical and healing.

just saying..

it's one thing to tell someone "i'm here for you", but its a completely different thing to show up at their house and say, "hey. lets talk". there was a lot of prying on my friends part, but in the end i'm glad that they did. everyone says that bullshit after something awful happens... and the sentiment is there, i'm sure he appreciates it... but.. for me it was good to have someone not say they'll be there, but literally by there without me having to ask.

thats just me though. again, i dont know him it might be different.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|