View Single Post
Old 03.29.2009, 04:30 PM   #16
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
'Incenerate' and 'Reena' are fun but unspecial within their catalogue, 'What a Waste' and 'Sleepin' Around' are tracks I immediately skip with quite a bit of distaste, 'Lights Out' and 'The Neutral' are just boring to me, as is the majority of 'Turquoise Boy,' 'Rats' I'm not a fan of and this is the first time that a Lee song hasn't been one of the best on the album, and I completely hate 'Or.'

The only tracks I'd say are memorable within their catalogue are 'Pink Steam,' 'Jams Run Free,' and 'Do You Believe in Rapture?' And 'Do You Believe in Rapture?' is the only song on the album that I felt displayed a positive creative step forwards.

That said, one of the things I love about Sonic Youth is that there is very little consensus on what's their best work and everyone has their own favorites. In addition, they've never given me any reason to worry about them as a band. They basically just do what they want, and even if I'm not a fan of a particular album I know it's not a permanent trend... they always eventually follow up with another great one. And, while I'm loving that particular album, I'm sure someone else is poo-pooing it.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|