View Single Post
Old 06.04.2006, 11:27 AM   #78
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
I suppose that's true. It's just weird to me that their status as a country has changed (almost) as the World Cup is getting underway. I wonder how it is affecting the mood in the dressing room, if at all.?

Qualifying comptitions for tournaments often have different numbers of teams in different groups, so the split won't be a problem.

The name SCG will linger through the football World Cup in Germany and possibly the basketball world championships in August and September in Japan. SCG, invited on a wild card after a disaster last year at the home Euro, defends the basketball title won four years ago by Yugoslavia.

I read somewhere that there's only oneMontenegran player in the squad now. The squad are reportedly happy enough, but all is not well politically:

The Serbian government is yet to definitely and unambiguously recognize Montenegrin independence. Belgrade, which inherited the SCG, did not send representatives to the ceremony in Podgorica despite invitations to participate.

A day earlier in Belgrade, EU top diplomat Javier Solana called on Serbia and Montenegro to build a 'constructive relationship' and swiftly resolve issues stemming from the dissolution of their union.

Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica, who continues to appear angry and frustrated over the decision of Montenegrin voters, refused any EU help in the dissociation process.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|