View Single Post
Old 05.28.2007, 02:56 AM   #22
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Usually the stuff I get drunk to, is not the stuff I listen to in my own time.

System of a Down's 'Toxicity' album has a special place in my heart for this very reason. It was the first time I ever got properly drunk (14 or 15 years of age at the time) and my friend and I were drinking a mixture of Guinness and Whiskey, listening to Toxicity and ranting about the goverment. We naturally got royally pissed and went for a walk and my friend started screaming "The People have to know man!". And in a somewhat drunk attempt to stop him making so much noise I kept saying "they can't know man, they couldn't handle the truth". We both made arses out of ourselves and I headed home (in awe of this new hazy intoxicated sensation), pucked my guts up (much to the utter amusement of my mother) and went to bed with the room spinning all around me. It was a magical night!

Even to this day 'Toxicity' is one of our iconic, designated drinking albums.