View Single Post
Old 04.22.2016, 08:50 AM   #40
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks Mortte.

Yeah she's up there for me, and has been since the '90s. I think Sonic Youth's "hiatus" is pretty much just a break-up now. Thurston seemed to say as much recently. And let's be honest -- I'm not sure if you read Girl in a Band, but I think anyone who did is going to have a hard time picturing Kim Gordon willingly sharing time and space with Thurston Moore any time soon, and I don't really blame her much.

SY reuniting would be awesome, but at this point it would have to be a full-fledged reunion. Not just the ending of a "hiatus," which has been in effect for years.

But I do agree that with SY "out of the picture" (they'll ALWAYS be my #1 favorite band of all time, period) PJ is one of the last remaining champions of weird, awesome music.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|