View Single Post
Old 05.09.2016, 08:57 PM   #41
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I also think it's worth noting that, in my opinion, Broken Social Scene's (hahah remember them? No? aw, that's cool) You Forgot it in People kicked the almighty shit out of OKC. It's not even the same breed of album, but something about it makes me think of OKC, and how comparatively basic it sounds.

Radiohead's days of being bullet-proof (haha... eh?) are quite over. For those of us who experiences their "glory days" first hand, their continued existence is going to be a bittersweet thing. We'll watch them repeat themselves, get praise for releasing albums that wouldn't have stirred us from our popcan bubblers if they were released when we were kids. But they are very much of our generation, and I'm rooting for them. I'm willing to allow them to go ahead and make generally mediocre albjms, as long as each one contains 2-3 cuts that just kill it. What more can you expect from a non-Sonic Youth band in their third decade of operation?

I like the new album just fine.

And the more I hear "Burn the Witch" the more I love it. Why is this not a good song exactly? I love that buzz that kicks in after the intro. Love it. Even though it's so Radioheady that I shouldn't even notice it at this point.

Anyway, I'm going with an early score of 4/5. We'll see how it progresses from there.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|