Thread: Grunge!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01.30.2008, 09:54 AM   #57
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
"they dedicated themselves to the song, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not"

how ignorent. that goes for any band/artist.

i can name you 100 artists right now who don't dedicate themselves to writing songs and play music (keith fullerton whitman, earth, carcass, geto boys, charlemagne plaestine, i can go on and on).

Quote:
"of course, hüsker dü, replacements, dino jr, squirrel bait, etc. had already done that without mainstreaming their shit."

again, ignorent. dinosaur jr. had their brief stint of trying to break into the mainstream. as did the melvins, as a result of kurt name dropping all these bands no one ever cared about/heard of before hand.

first off, you put this out of context, i said that within the underground scene, these bands had already done artistically what nirvana did. and i was talking in the EIGHTIES. and the melvins tried to be radio-friendly? that's a new one.

and speaking of ignorant, are you going to tell me that nobody knew about replacements, dino or hüsker dü before saint kurt kabang? what an idiot (sorry, but it's idiocy to think that.)

Quote:
shit, sonic youth went "mainstream" before nirvana...of course thats if ya mean "mainstream" by signing to a major label. we can thank the goofy folks in the SY camp for nirvana signing to geffen, lest we forget.

sonic youth are not a 3 minute song songwriters.

Quote:
"i said soundgarden were the true artists out of that scene"

bleh, soundgarden pulled plenty influence from led zep, almost in the same way kurt pulled influence form scratch acid/black flag/beatles/etc.

so? you mean great artists are not influenced by anyone? my point is that soundgarden tried different things and progressed from album to album, instead of just trying to invert riffs out of funhouse.

Quote:
"and melvins don't count, just look how fast they decided to split town to be a real band"

how fast? they were together a few years before moving to cali. why does that even matter?

in band time, a few years is fast, they had released like one or two albums before splitting town, that to me is fast. it matters because seattle was a dead town when it came to music; seattle hardcore had it's moments (mostly by the fartz) and they were some good bands, but mostly it was drunken idiots who tried their hardest to sound pretty much alike.

Quote:
" i rather listen to candlebox, sponge, collective soul, live, et al"

all garbage. i do remember candlebox having some songs that i thought were really "pretty" back in the day, but they were still ripping off all the cliche elements of the supposed "seattle sound" as were collective soul and live. throwing copper, what a piece of shit lame excuse for music.

i think you missed the part that said they were disposable. it's not like they are my favorite bands in the world but they were better songwriters than mark fucking arm.

-----

and people, isn't it wonderful we're talking about music again?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|