View Single Post
Old 05.08.2011, 04:49 AM   #8
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Lee was on fantastic form last night leading the Bang On A Can All-Stars through his tribute to Epic Soundtracks. The performance lasted for roughly 20-25 mins and was full of mutating crescendos and gorgeous interweaving chord progressions. He guided the musicians through the piece in true band leader/conductor fashion that was a real blast to watch. This is probably one of my favourite ever Lee performances... and I've seen a few in my time so there you go.

The rest of the Reich associated performances were varied but mostly really great, especially Bang On A Can performing Reich's '2x5 (live)' which came straight after Lee.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|