View Single Post
Old 01.16.2009, 06:33 PM   #107
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Anyone into the whole No Wave scene that much can't ignore this band.

Yeah, I agree. I meant more what aspect of them should they be inspired by. I agree that they're great just a very different band. The more I think about what you're saying though the more I see what you mean. So yes. I agree.

I think though that whatever affiliations SY have with the early 80s NY scene it seems increasingly narrow as to what areas of it they look to. Aspects of Ciccone Youth showed signs, as did elements of the Master-Dik EP but these were fleeting and never really picked up later on. I have no evidence to back this up, but while I see Thurston and Kim as being quite open to that stuff, I don't think Lee's that huge a fan. But yes, SY would be an infinitely more interesting band right now if they decided to incorporate some of that NY Disco/Funk/Punk stuff.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|