View Single Post
Old 09.16.2011, 09:37 AM   #27489
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso
I need some monitors now and want IPS, the ideal would be the 24" 1920x1200 Dell U2410 but the U2311h is half the price. I'll live with 1" less and 16:9 WUXGA. Higher PPI anyway…

Good choice, I got a U2311H too, be quick coz they're EOL and the newer models could be "worse" (see U2412M, which is not "better" than U2410..) .
I thought I'd hate the 16:9 ratio, but I got used to it surprisingly quick.
If you can live with "factory uncalibrated" settings (the u2410 ships calibrated) and are willing to work a bit of twakage to get the custom settings right color accuracy is niiiice. Plus, DELL customer support proved to be GREAT in my experience (had an issue with the panel, made a phone call, got a replacement for free the following day and they sorted out the "return material" with the same courier that brought me the new one, all free of charge even if I bought it from an online store and not directly from them).

I hate seagate, but I'm biased by personal experience with notoriously faulty models (7200.11 etc), plus I like how WD deals with RMAs better haha.

I don't know shit about NAS etc. I should learn something. I want to set up a smallish thing in my house..
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|