View Single Post
Old 06.27.2015, 08:49 AM   #46958
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh yes i forgot to answer this.

it was with a story.

when i was 13, i think, i got my first yes record-- it was yessongs. it had been smuggled for me in someone's suitcase, because they didn't sell those at our national record stores. it was was also well past the era when yes was popular, so getting it for me was sort of difficult. but anyway it showed up in my hands. why? because some older cousin said something about it being great, etc., and when someone asked, i say "yes", and blam, yessongs. well...

at the same time/age, i had discovered borges-- the writer. he blew my fucking mind with alternative universes and visions of the infinite (the mathematical infinite, not the mystical one).

i remember trying to read borges while playing that yessongs record. holy shit. my brain collapsed from the overload. i had to do one at a time.

so yes (ha), i had to really listen to really get it, but over the years i've learned each note by heart so that it no longer strains me.

--

and yes was the band that got me interested in classical music, actually. because that shit was scarce as well, growing up, and they opened a massive door.
My oldest brother had Relayer in vinyl. I think I was maybe four or five when listening it. Didnīt understand it much of course, but I remember it was interesting. Specially Gates of Delirium was like fairytale to me. And sound Chaser has exotic sounds to the child. Few years later my other brother didnīt like prog at all, so I didnīt also (I listened then CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Jimi Hendrix, Doors etc.) Anyway near of us lived older guy, who had prog albums and I borrowed the Yes album few years later (I think I was 10 years old). Yours Is No Disgrace was the song that hit me and my Yes-trip began. I think Fragile was the first album I bought few years later. I have still also that Relayer-vinyl, my brother gave it to me when he moved from home.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|