View Single Post
Old 08.07.2015, 11:00 AM   #4093
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Soylent?? Whey powders?? You ninjaz need to go Old World, the Levant already has a tastier protein source.. falafel
i love how you always make pronouncements with a great sense of authority about shit you know nothing about, because you don't bother with trying to understand it in the first place-- you already know.

have you ever made falafel? of course not. because if you had you'd realize the massive amount of preparation and labor that it takes... from the start all the way to its messy deep-fried end.

falafel is made from garbanzos. if you wanted to say "garbanzos" i'd say "sure" because those are easy to slow cook or pressure cook without a lot of supervision-- though it takes time & energy.

but the whole soylent idea is not even about "a source of protein", it's about eliminating the time and resources required to compose an "ideal" nutrition from less-than-ideal sources as they are found in nature & the supermarket.

so garbanzos, while great, are not "complete" nutrition-- garbanzos need to be combined with other things-- oils, greens, fruits, etc-- to give you the full thing. and then you still have too much of something too little of the other and you spent a lot of time and labor fixing that. soylent attempts to eliminate the guesswork.

i definitely do not want to live my life driking tasteless grey sludge for "perfect nutrition", and i enjoy the time and labor that it takes to source and manufacture (and consume) my feed, but it requires understanding of a project before one sets out to criticize it, so that at least you can speak on the same level as the project was defined, i.e., address it on its own terms.

e.g. them: "i want to make a flying machine" you: "but submarines!"

FALAFEL!

--

ps - one more thing - whey is a byproduct of cheesemaking, and therefore an ancient food. dehydrating it is only a logical step for preservation, easy distribution, etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|