View Single Post
Old 01.27.2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
There is a writer who pens the "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" column on ESPN.com named Gregg Easterbrook. I have read his column for years now.

I was reading today's column and I ran across this little tidbit

Quote:
A Bottomless Pit Should Not Have an Echo: Bottomless pits have become a standby of movie-making. Somewhere in space-time there must be a warehouse full of supervillains, enchanted objects, ancient swords and lost maps that have fallen into bottomless pits.

Last week, I asked readers for their favorite bottomless pits. Mike Turschmann of White Plains, New York, noted that in "300," Leonidas has a bottomless pit in Sparta that he uses to dispose of Persians. If Sparta could build bottomless pits 2,500 years ago, why did Persia rule the ancient world? Habte Selassie of Los Angeles cites the bottomless pit that swallows up the bad guys at the end of "Lord of Illusions." Ryan Ottele of Renton, Washington, notes that in "Return of the Jedi," the evil emperor ends up hurled into a bottomless pit that conveniently is about 10 feet from his throne. I know if I ruled the galaxy, I'd want a bottomless pit in my office.

Is the person referred in the BOLD section above not our very own suchfriendsaredangerous?

SYG is a force to be reckoned with.