View Single Post
Old 06.08.2010, 03:46 PM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Not too suprised that more and more people are getting the "jazzblaster" as it gets raved reviews largely due to the humbucking pickups used in this hi-bred jazzmaster, though these new signature models do not have those unique Seth Lover-designed wide range humbuckers (btw, Seth Lover has passed away) they are reissue Fender Wide Range (FWR) humbuckers, the same ones used in the reissue made Telecaster Deluxes and Customs. These reissue made humbuckers are made of Al-Ni-Co and much easier to come by, the Seth Lovers' are Cu-Ni-Fw magnets and are pretty scarce now. I heard the secret is also the volume pot combination used in conjunction with these pickups (250k pots are muddy sounding and used in reissued guitars, i've read that 500k or 1M pots are more recommended). Been reading alot on the Offset Guitars Forum, also read that Lee gets custom made humbuckers the maker escapes my brain right now, but the designer posted on that forum...

more and more people are making there own version of the Jazzblaster as seen on the Offset Guitars Forum.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|