View Single Post
Old 06.06.2016, 03:09 PM   #5528
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Is it any good? I've been actually considering buying that lately.

I think Overwatch is phenomenal, actually.

I don't really have much to compare it to though, really. That might be why I am enjoying it so much. It really is a new game-style for me. I hear it compared to Team Fortress 2 a lot, so I suppose if you are familiar with that...

My take on it though, it does what Blizzard does well. It is basic enough for a person to be able to jump in and have some fun at the very "noob" level, but it also really is deep and rich enough to keep you constantly learning more, improving gameplay, and just keep diving deeper.

It is completely more team/objective based than your standard first-person shooter. So that may be a huge difference for some people. I have a decent little crew of work and gaming friends I play with, so I am rarely hopping on by myself and having to play with random people. The times I do, I do not get near the reward of playing with people I know and a crew that is starting to gel as a "squad." Working together is key to this game.

One of the best elements is that every one of the characters truly has their own unique flavor and playstyle. There really is a lot of variety when it comes to character selection and their kits.

I feel the maps and gamestyles are very well planned out. The chokepoints vs. open areas of the certain maps are very well designed for some intense game moments, and I have had many of those with this game already.

Bleh, I am really geeking out on this game currently, so I could ramble for hours. I will stop here with these few points.

- It is a total polar opposite of Last of Us multiplayer in it's pacing. It is very fast-paced and intense. It still has those same methodical and strategic elements that can get your heart racing though, especially with certain characters.
- Team based, team based, team based. This is not a solo-hero style game. Objectives have to be played on these maps, and it takes good team coordination to do so.
- Swapping characters mid-game is key. I think a lot of people get locked into " I am playing this char for this game." On-the-fly decision making and strategy is what really makes this game fun for me, and swapping chars mid game is a huge part of that. It is very paper-rock-scissors, and choosing the best counter for certain situations is a big part of that.

Some are complaining about the $60 price tag. It's worth every penny, in my opinion. And before I write a novel on it, let me know if you have any specific questions on any specific aspects of it. I can layout the pros and cons of certain elements in more detail if it helps you decide on purchasing or not.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|