View Single Post
Old 05.31.2016, 01:14 AM   #5522
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah...how do you like it compared to SFIV? I think it's much better than SFIV, however still doesn't feel as responsive as older games. You planning Evo or any tournaments this year?
I'll be at EVO, SCR and likely Canada Cup. I'm moving to LA soon so that'll make things easier.

I think SFV is a much better game than SF4 at this point in its life. As it develops more, we'll see what happens (every game becomes stupid at one point or another because of ridiculous OSes being found which can really polarize people if they aren't willing to learn how to deal with them or learn how to take advantage themselves, I know we've talked about your disdain for 4's OSes while I hate the neutral game OSes from 3s).

The responsiveness you're not getting comes from something at a ground level in the game. The game has 8 frames of input lag, which is why sometimes a punish might be mistimed or you'll get counter hit when you thought your move was supposed to be active. As a comparison, most fighting games usually have 3-5 frames of input lag. This is particularly bad even comparing to the usual extreme of 5 frames. If you have a move that comes out in 3f and so do they, if you mistime your punish by an additional 3f since SFV has 3f more than most comparative games, you'll get beaten entirely.
For that same reason, it's why mashing lights during block strings and frame traps has been so effective. People are having troubles getting their own timing adjusted, so something mashable and low commitment becomes an even better option.

Anyways I think the game plays great itself. It definitely could use some tweaks here and there, and the state it was released in is pretty shameful all together, but I'm really liking it. I'm so bad at it though, I take a long time to learn fighting games so I'll need to really practice up before EVO.

I hope Ibuki makes it out on time to be EVO legal (speculation is that she's getting a slight delay to match the story mode dlc). If she is, I really want to learn her and use her in tournament possibly.