View Single Post
Old 01.08.2012, 07:25 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
It was embarrassing to look back on 2011 and see that the only albums I'd committed a lot of time to were by bands I already liked. Mogwai, Grouper, PJ Harvey, Boris, and so on. The truth is that I work too much and don't spend enough time on music, or anything fun really, anymore. Just because I'm old doesn't mean I need to become a walking stereotype. Sheez! So my new year's resolution is to become again the music fan I once was; to start going to shows again, experimenting with new artists again, and even buying physical albums (I only bought, like, two in 2011... both were from 2010 )

So I'm wondering if anyone would mind recommending some blogs or sites that keep up on new music. Preferably sites that look across genres and styles, s don't point me to some dubstep forum or something. Sites that post reviews of albums, or just keep track of new releases.

Ok I'll just say it- help me be hip again. New year's resolutions are sacred, so no condescension please. I admit fully that I am an out-of-the-loop old fart who is asking a [probably] younger generation for help. I know; sad right?

Thanks!
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|