View Single Post
Old 01.03.2011, 09:31 AM   #117
freezerburn
empty page

freezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's assesfreezerburn kicks all y'all's asses
Went to both dates, and both dates completely blew my head off. Enjoyed London a lot more though since I got to ring in the new year with my favourite band, I was also seated so had a perfect view of everything whereas I was standing in Manchester and felt a little out the way, also the sound at the Hammersmith was miles better and I felt they played a lot better as well even though the set was considerably shorter than the previous night. Kool Thing was mindblowing, Kim's dancing was incredible <3 also, I may have misheard but during Kool Thing, did Kim make a dig at people wearing their shirts from Topshop/H&M without knowing who they were? Did anyone else catch that or am I just a dick?

Anyway yeah, completely made up about seeing them now, I've waited ages for it and they exceeded expectations to say the least, I know they were gonna be amazing but. Loved the setlist as well, I really like The Eternal so wasn't fussed that it was slightly dominant throughout the set. Over the two nights I heard Catholic Block, Tom Violence, Schizophrenia, 'Cross The Breeze, Hey Joni, Death Valley '69, White Kross, The Sprawl, Kool Thing and Brother James though, so the older stuff was well and truly there.

Also, in relation to what someone posted before about choking up when they first came on, YES a thousand times. It was so wonderful seeing them burst onto the stage, Thurston with a bottle of champagne and going into the countdown, then the confetti and Brother James made me well up, couldn't believe I was actually there.
freezerburn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|