View Single Post
Old 02.02.2009, 02:45 PM   #5318
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Yesterday, demonrail and I saw:

Pretty unimpressive fare all round - tried to recreate the "vibe" of the 70's, but it failed on many levels, and the blatant quoting of other film references was pretty lame also. Poor script adaptation, lame acting, "horror" scenes telegraphed way in advanced, a seventies lead dude with a sculpted and buff noughties torso....

Not bad really - essentially a different retelling of the old "1984" thing - Julie Christie proves again that she's really not that great an actress, and certain scenes were reminiscent of an episode of "Trumpton".....saved by an ending which, if expanded upon, would have made for a far more engaging film.
the original amityville was so good that i see no reason to have a remake of it.
and yeah, F451 is a great story but not a great movie. i had to write a report about it last year that dealt with enstrangment which made it interesting. but i really dont like troffaut as a director. he makes good movies but i really dont like his way of directing, its very boring IMO

oh and i just saw the original The Blob. it was excellent. classic 50s horror

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|