View Single Post
Old 10.20.2012, 05:16 PM   #16315
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
It isn't meaningless Rob, I think it's merely your expectations. If you look at it for what it is (a dreamlike work of art about a young ambitious actress and double identities and whatnot) then maybe you'll find meaning from a subjective standpoint. Just because a film challenges the conventional narrative order of telling a story means it's meaningless? I don't understand.

I'm not trying to attack you at all by the way, I'm just curious. If anything, Lynch's work exemplifies the truth that you don't need everything to make sense. Perhaps it's even a reflection of the outside world. Sometimes to find that "meaning" it takes some effort.

I'm not sure how anyone can't be captivated by that theater scene. If you think about it, Mulholland Dr. revolves around an innocent actress searching for stardom in Hollywood. It's amazing how much this film expresses a struggle with self-awareness. I think this is often very much a problem in reality. I also find it compelling how even after the main character is driven towards suicide, the nightmare continues. Lynch is an intuitive artist and one of the best. I think he really absorbs the life around him and expresses it in an honest way that many fail to do.

That theater scene is easily one of my fav. scenes of all time. As much as I dislike the whole hoopla of the Oscar's Naomi Watts should've gotten one for that film.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|