Thread: Warhol thread
View Single Post
Old 09.13.2006, 06:03 AM   #33
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
The hits just keep comin'!

Watch this (& the others in the series) on the web at five bucks a pop.

http://www.documen.tv/asset/Billy_Name.html
The BILLY NAME Interview, FACTORY PEOPLE Andy Warhol’s Sixties Silver Factory

Uncut Interview (English)

87 minutes

Written by: Catherine O’Sullivan Shorr ,

Directed by:Yves Billon

Planet Group Entertainment/Zarafa Films Paris

“The Billy Name Interview” is the uncut original ninety minute interview that was filmed last year for the soon to be released “Factory People” Documentary Series, about the people who were part of Andy Warhol’s Sixties Silver Factory from 1964 to 1968 in New York. Note that time codes are embedded in the interview to protect it from commercial use. Billy experienced the Factory like no other person. He was the unofficial/official photographer of all Factory life, the gatekeeper of the Factory, and its only full time resident. In his interview, Billy talks about the origins of the Silver Factory, his friendship with Andy and his relationship with many of the Factory regulars. This exciting interview takes the viewer back to this very special era in a unique way to experience the truth about the Factory, its secrets, its survivors and non-survivors. Billy Name was born Billy Linich on February 22, 1940 and moved to New York in 1958. He called himself Billy Name because "People would ask me what my name was, and semi-facetiously I would say my name is Name. I thought it was cute and I'd never seen anyone use the name “Name” for a name." Billy met Andy Warhol while working as a waiter at Steven Bruce’s specialty restaurant, Serendipity 3, at their original location at 234 East 58th Street. http://serendipity3.com/ "Andy and I were hanging around together. I had an apartment on the Lower East Side, where I had haircutting salons... I was famous for giving haircuts, so he said, 'Would you let me do a film of you doing haircuts?' I had covered my entire apartment in silver foil and painted everything silver. Andy said, 'Well I just got a new loft, would you do to it what you've done to your apartment?'... Andy had a still camera, but he had gotten the Bolex. He was going to start to do films, and he gave me the Pentax, and said 'Here Billy, you do the still photography, I'm going to start making films.' I became the in-house photographer and was sort of like the foreman. Eventually I moved in." -Billy Name Not only was Billy Name responsible for the silver look of the Factory, he also discovered the famous sofa that became the focal point of many of the photographs and films (including Couch) during the Silver Factory era. During "one of his midnight outings" Billy found the couch "on the sidewalk of 47th Street near Third Avenue, and dragged it back to the Factory." Billy left the Factory in early 1970 because he felt "isolated" and thought he should "find out what was going on in the world". He felt that Fred [Hughes] had pretty much taken over the operations. “Andy didn't need me anymore... And I went out and started living in the streets. The most money I had ever had in my life until that time was the $300 I got for the third Velvet Underground album cover. I had $300, so I said, 'Well I have $300 I can go out and see what's going on and do it!” Years later, Billy re-appeared at Andy’s funeral, and learned that the silver trunk that he left behind at the Factory years earlier had been saved for him by Andy. The trunk contained MORE THAN 8000 photo negatives of Billy’s shots taken during the Silver Factory era. Many of these photos will be used to illustrate the era in the Series. “The Billy Name Interview” is one of 12 major interviews conducted for the Series. The Producers plan to make all 12 available on www.documen.tv in their uncut form over the coming months, prior to the release of the three-hour documentary Series. The Silver Factory Series will be released in Fall 2006.

This Billy told me about before it came out.At the time i emailed the director who's a very friendly and engaging chap.Good tip atari.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|