View Single Post
Old 06.22.2010, 06:34 PM   #5250
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING is one of my favorite movies ever. Just gets better and better with every viewing. Just something about it... a weird quality missing from his other works. Though he greatly expanded on many things throughout his career -- some wild philisophical films, some wildly experimental, some loose improvised ones, some severe grossout stuff.. he's been extremely inventive and interesting, and he has probably the single most important work of a filmmaker this side of Godard. 35 films in like 9 years, all of them unique and interesting.

But there was a 4 year gap between TOUCH and IN OUR GARDEN. And something happened in those 4 years. Nothing was ever as innocent and intelligent and thought provoking as TOUCH... he made that film at the same age I now am. I think it really speaks to me. The scene of him riding in the back of a truck.. amazing.
atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|