View Single Post
Old 01.21.2016, 05:15 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, but dude- "boom bap" is already old folks' music. Oldish, anyway. People our age (mid thirties - forties) are the youngest folks who truly dig that style of hip-hop.

I read an interview with Young Thug where he straight up said he didn't like Jay-Z (?!) ... He "recognizes his influence" but that "wasn't his era." And in a lengthy editorial I found on Flipboard not long ago titled something like "The Old School I Killing Hip-hop," some kid ranted for several paragraphs about how Wu Tang Clan and Tribe and Biggie didn't matter anymore, saying that the current marble-mouthed jibber jabber of Future and Young Thug represented an all time peak for creativity in hip-hop.

Sorry to get off topic, but I felt compelled to point out that "boom bap" is probably already considered as ancient as the Eagles.

I meant ALL the boom bap, the very concept of hip hop, a beat and a rhymer, will seem as dated as a jug band or a harpsichord.