View Single Post
Old 06.29.2014, 03:39 PM   #5007
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrera
"Today it was the man with the whistle who eliminated us from the World Cup,'' Herrera said.
"If a referee invents a penalty, you're out of the World Cup,'' Herrera added. "I hope they have a look at what happened and that this gentleman goes home just like we are.''

Sorry broham, but YOU'RE THE COACH, be a big man and admit fault. That was a total fucking foul, just like what happened to Ivory Coast against Greece. NOW, I can agree that it shouldn't have been a direct free kick, just like I don't like the direct free kick Greece was given, should have been an indirect free kick at most, BUT it was totally a penalty. Own up to it, don't be a denialist like Luis Suarez and the entire nation of Uruguay

Also, that penalty didn't lose the match. As !@#$%! suggested, Mexico deciding not to score anymore goals cost them the match. Giving up that first goal to the Dutch cost them the match. The penalty was just a nail in the coffin.

I hate when coaches blame officiating on their losses, when there are so many other things that happen in any given game. EVERY possession counts, so if you lose a game on a bad or questionable call, you really just lost it on those other errors, mistakes, or wasted opportunities your team left on the table. Such is sport, own up to it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|