View Single Post
Old 10.30.2017, 09:35 AM   #40487
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yeah....Bellevue is like....crazy nice. I can't see myself living there. It's...like too nice...I'd feel out of place all the time. We went for a stroll through the town and everything was clean and like perfect. It felt sort of empty at the same time....Not like a ghost town or anything, but there was this really weird vibe to that town. I'd live in Seattle maybe for a year to really test it out. I think I'd try to stay by Pioneer Square maybe....other than the homeless there I think it's a really neat little area.

I lived in Bellevue shortly, for about 9 months. It’s definitely weird, especially when you have this done-up downtown, and then that shithole Factoria on the other side of the residential area.

Think that’s weird, try Mercer Island. My god, that place is like another planet. I had friends from there, and I’d stay at their houses on weekends, and it was surreal and terrifying in a way I will probably never be able to pinpoint. I’ve never had a lot of money, but I’ve never really been poor. Always considered myself fortunate. These folks live in multi-million dollar homes and have a little cottage industry built around serving them. My friends didn’t even think they were rich. Unsettling. Course this was a long time ago, so maybe it’s different now. Probably not.

Some nice places in the city are Queen Anne and First Hill. “Nice” is relative of course, but they’re cool. Semi-affordable. I wouldn’t live in Pioneer Square.

Hey get out to a Seahawks game while you’re in town. Seattle’s actually kind of good at football, turns out. Huskies are worth seeing too. Also a good team.

Man, I do miss it there. Kind of a lot.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|