View Single Post
Old 03.11.2011, 08:18 PM   #14306
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
GLENGARRY GLENN ROSS - 9/10

Doesn't get much better than this. Anything Mamet writes/directs is amazing.

...man, I REALLY don't like Ichi the Killer and never have. Keep in mind I've seen nearly all Miike films, have Miike's book, and have seen Ichi 4 times actually. I just think it's really dull, aside from the soundtrack. It just feel so soulless and lifeless, despite having some boring gore. Gore films in general usually suck, aside from, like, DEAD ALIVE and some of H.G. Lewis's stuff (especially Gore Gore Girls). The only thing I like about Ichi is Tsukamoto's character, probably. He's one creepy fucker.

Anyway, I've watched like 30 movies in the past week, I watched the LEMMY documentary which was pretty dull. I watched FREE RADICALS, a documentary on experimental films which was alright.

But the one thing I highly reccomend is HUSTLERS/HOAXERS: RICKY JAY, which is probably on cinemageddon and btjunkie and stuff. Ricky Jay is the god of card tricks. He will blow your mind.

I have been watching mainly MYSPLEEN donloads, like SALUTE YOUR SHORTS and random 2 hour blocks of SNICK and MTV form 1991 and shit. Way more interesting than any movies. Also been going back and watching all the Giuseppe films, which are midnblowing of course, he'll be remembered in 10 years as being up there with Kitano, Jost, and Packard ("Reflections of Evil" is the best film of the 00's) as the best filmmakers of our generations.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|