View Single Post
Old 04.30.2015, 09:11 PM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yes, you need to get Around the Fur or Adrenaline for that..

Both of those albums have similarly balls drum sounds.

How can I describe it? It's not a *constant* thing with the band, but I stopped listening to them in the early 00's because it might as well have been. There are, admittedly, some songs on Around the Fur that have a more palatable, traditionally thrashy drum sound. But most of what the band released features drum sounds that would be completely at home on a Limp Bizkit album.

Limp Bizkit! I'm serious! Abe Cunningham is worshipped by fans, but I think a lot of engineers think the drums sound like shit.

It sounds SO stereotypically "pro-toolsy"... A lot of hard rock bands sounded like this at the time. Inorganic as hell. The snares are way too tight, the hits sound truncated. It's a very polished sound... like the 00's version of those "wet wet drums" of the 1980's hair metal bands.

Incubus (they still a band?) were big fans of that godawful tribal metal drumming too. I don't get the appeal.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|