View Single Post
Old 05.26.2017, 09:05 AM   #257
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
"Slowcore: A Brief Timeline" on Bandcamp, focusing on bands such as LOW, Bedhead, Codeine, Red House Painters, etc...
https://daily.bandcamp.com/2017/04/2...rief-timeline/

Awesome! Thanks! I mean, I already have plenty of this stuff in other formats, but still, there's some stuff I don't have and it's a nice collection of tunes.

I've never really thought of Galaxie 500 as slowcore in the sense that Low and Bedhead are. Always considered them to be more akin to the U.S. incarnations of shoegaze — kind of like a quieter and more subdued (also whiny) Dinosaur jr. But they fit in pretty nicely with these other bands.

Also, look at this write-up!! It's amazing! Rarely do you see apostrophes and hyphens used correctly in these things. And look! A proper em dash instead of just a hyphen or double-hyphen!!! Love it!

Quote:
... In the beginning there was barely even that, just a handful of young men and women forming rock bands across the US and taking them to some shocking places. From the late-‘80s to the mid-‘90s, they released some of the most quietly revolutionary music around some of it, improbably, on major labels. At the time, they had no real idea of the fullness of what they were making; other bands, later, would put together the pieces. Instead, we are left with the music as it is, and what thrilling music that happens to be.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|