Thread: John Fahey
View Single Post
Old 03.11.2011, 11:38 PM   #115
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I am a HUGE fan of Fahey's late period stuff, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm the biggest fan of it that's ever lived, preferring it in general to his early stuff (though all periods of Fahey rule). Georgia Stomps, Atlanta Struts has been my thing lately, the songs are so long and so filled with riffs and information that it's probably a bit much for a lot of people to want to sit down and listen to; Fahey's stuff has always had, uh, a lot of NOTES and lots of sections and whathaveyou, but this album in general is just one thing after another, and a "wrong note" is never hit, if you know what I mean. It's just the most perfect example of perfect guitar playing I've ever heard. HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN in particular is so amazing. Get this album.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|