View Single Post
Old 07.28.2010, 08:25 AM   #69
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
yesterday for some reason I thought of this story:

when I was a sophomore in high school and this album came out, I remember that I brought the record into school becuz I was in a music appreciation class and the teacher seemed kind of hip to me or whatever. He was always going on about Frank Zappa, which seemed cool to me instead of flapping on about Jimmy Buffet or some crap. So I brought it in and he was like "woah someone brought in vinyl" and he immediately snatched it up and threw it down on the turntable and I very specifically remember he asked me "which cut?" so I had him put on "What Does Your Soul Look Like Part 3" and after like 2 mins he shut it off and said it was "kind of repetitive." Sigh. But whatever. I don't know I had to laugh cuz I was thinking about how like 15 or 16-year old NR was just so intent on FORCING an entire classroom of kids to expereience this record. Haha.