Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.14.2009, 11:47 AM   #290
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
but perhaps their goal is not to operate as a forum for a political debate, but more like voice their own feelings and allow people to find comforting in relating to that.

even tho, examples of art influencing politics and vice-versa exist. take rock and roll, for example.

Yeah, although I fail to see how music has ever really influenced politics. Music has at certain times been a part of broader movements (like Dylan's association with the civil rights movement) that has ended up having some impact on policy but I can't think of an instance where it's done it on its own.

Saying that, I suppose it could be argued that Band Aid wasn't part of a broader movement but did affect aid policy in certain countries. I'm struggling to think of any other examples though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
some artists might find political issues inspiring, some might not, so what? why should anyone say how they should or shouldn't do it, what they should address or not address?

I don't think it's a question of whether they should be allowed to so much as how useful it is when they do.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|