View Single Post
Old 05.09.2007, 01:23 PM   #1
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
I finally managed to get this album the other week - for £3! - and i've found myself listening to it quite a bit since. My perception of it is that although it's a solo album it seems a bit like a bastard child of sonic youth. Like I'm not sure why this material was released like it was and not put to the band to flesh out some more - when shelly was involved anyway. That isn't to say that there isn't a different kind of slant to justify it's existance - there's something more immediate and poppy about the production - which seems ahead of it's time. I've seen some critisim for Elegy for all the Dead Rock *s, maybe because it isn't Diamond Sea but I think it's awesome.
All in all I think it's an awesome album but should probably have been cut in half - but it puts thurstons genius or whatever you want to call it (it's an over used term) in focus.

Anyway, I thought it might be an interesting topic of discussion what with the new one coming out soon.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|