Thread: Swans
View Single Post
Old 06.14.2009, 06:58 PM   #57
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium
I'd actually prefer a combo of both: Reunited early lineup makes new music, with the occasional oldie thrown in on tour.

I don't want to see the original band rehash the older stuff (a la Pixies); nor do I want to see Gira drive the good name of Swans into the ground all by himself (a la Billy Corgan).
Really? You think a good band can ruin their own name? Smashing Pumpkins weren't ever all that great, originally.

How (i.e. by what method) does a good band ruin it's name? This sounds to me as though this has more to do with the hipness of the band's credibility rather than the music itself. Does the actions of a band generations after the fact really effect your opinion of the original material? The sounds more like your problem than the band's.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|